Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's been a while...

I have been so busy that I have completely quit blogging.  Sorry to anyone that actually reads this.  :)  Here's a quick update...

Trevin had shoulder surgery four weeks ago.  He had torn his laberium (sp?) ligament off the bone, chipped away some bone by dislocating his shoulder so much, lossened the back ligament, and slightly torn his rotater cuff.  Luckily, it's all fixed now, with surgery of course.  But he's been in a sling with no movement for the past four weeks.  He just got released yesterday to start PT but still is not allowed to lift more than a coffee cup in his left hand and no movement up towards his head.  It's going to be a long, hard recovery, but he's tough.  It's just added so much to my resposiblity list.  I now have to do everything with Khade because Trevin can't lift him or move his arm to help with bath time, etc, which was always his thing.  Being seven months pregnant is hard enough on its own.  lol.  At least now, Trevin is able to start doing some things on his own for himself.  The first three weeks I was having to help him shower, eat, sleep, etc.  He's been a very appreciative patient though and is still trying to help with Khade as much as he possibly is able.  Hopefully he'll be in full force by the time baby girl arrives.  :)

My parents moved to Flordia.  My dad took a job in Tampa so off they went to a brand new life.  I miss them terribly and really wish they could just come back home.  It's hard since I've always been able to have my parents around me at the drop of a hat and now they are 10 hours away.  It's really an eye opener because I took the time they lived so close forgranted.  On a lighter note, they do have a beautiful new home.  We recently went to visit them on my birthday.  It is absolutely gorgeous there.

Trevin's Papaw Cate recently passed away.  It was a very sad time, but he definitely lived a long and fullfilling life.  He was 87 years old, had five childern, seven grandchildern, and three great grandchildern.  He was definitely loved and will be missed very much, but I'm so glad he is happier and healthier than ever walking the streets of gold with Jesus!!!!

We just "scheduled" the arrival of our little girl!  I'm going to be having a C-section so I have the luxury of actually knowing the exact day she'll come into this world.  I'm so excited.  The doctor gave me the option of two days...December 19th or 20th.  I told him the 20th was actually Khade's birthday, so he said, "Well, let's make it easy to remember and have their birthdays on the same day."  So....Zoey Alexis will potentially arrive (if we both behave, as the doctor stated) December 20th on Khade's third birthday.  So exciting!  I can't wait!  I actually asked Khade last night what he wanted for his birthday, and he said Zoey.  So cute!

And a big highlight is that Khade is officially potty trained.  You have no idea how proud his mommy and daddy are.  He goes all on his own and it melts my heart to her the "big" potty flush without me even having to do anything.  It took a lot of persistance and patience on mine and Trevin's part, but it definitely has paid off.  It's so nice to not have to buy diapers/pull-ups for a few months, and Khade has actually not had an accident in three weeks.  We are some very, very proud parents!

I think that's the big highlights since I've last blogged.  I hope to do a better job from now on.  We have a lot more going on in the future so I'll still be really busy so we shall see I guess.  We are converting the "man cave" into a playroom and that is really a project.  And then we've got to get baby girl's/Khade's room (they are sharing) ready asap as well.  A lot of projects going on at our house.  haha...Khade told my sister that I really needed to clean up the playroom (there is stuff everywhere right now while we're working on it) because it's such a mess.  lol.  He's such a booger.  Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment