Friday, December 9, 2011

Coming Down to the Wire

The time has almost come.  Only 11 (well today is over half over) days left and our family of three will be complete as a family of four.  I cannot wait to meet Zoey for the first time and show her all the love her family already has for her.  I really can't wait to see Khade's face the first time he sees her.  I know he is beyond excited and will be a wonderful big brother!  I'm actually beginning to get a bit emotional just thinking about it...December 20th is such a wonderful day for our family.  Khade and Zoey will share a birthday.  :)

We've decided Zoey will officially complete our family.  After what Trevin and I experienced last November and having such a hard, rollercoaster of a pregnancy with Zoey, we have decided to count our wonderful blessings and give thanks to God for what he has given us.  This pregnancy has been scary for the past few months, and I honestly don't think I can handle the stress and worry being pregnant has placed on me and my family.  Trevin even committed at one of our many visits to the hospital that he just couldn't handle going through any of this again.  It was at that point that I completely agreed.  When factoring in how close I was with dying last November and losing a baby and possibly not being able to get pregnant again with such a hard, worrysome pregnancy this time, I honestly believe if we tried again our results would possibly get worse.

We are beyond thrilled with what God has placed in our lives and blessed us with.  We thank Him for everything He has done and continues to do, and now we pray for an easy birth and very healthy little girl.  What a wonderful Christmas present to share with one another and our families...and wonderful birthday present for Khade.  He told me a long time ago all he wanted for his birthday was Zoey.  His wish is granted.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment